When working with SharePoint solutions, sometimes there is a requirement to use third party DLLs in SharePoint solutions (Eg. Telerik, CuteUploader, etc). Here we will discuss the steps to use third party DLLs in SharePoint:
- Copy the DLL in bin directory of SharePoint web application.
- Open Visual Studio 2012/2013, create SharePoint empty project as farm solution.
- Add visual webpart in this project.
- Add reference of third party DLL in this project.
- After adding the reference of the DLL, deploy the project in SharePoint environment.
- Register the tag of third party DLL in visual webpart ascx page.
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
- Place the controls of third party DLL in visual webpart.
Note : Do not register the tag of third party DLL in visual webpart just after adding the reference (Step 4). First deploy the project otherwise the *.g.cs file will not get generated.